Glasgow residents will be delighted to hear that they have a new dining option in the south of the city.
Scomelette Cafe and Bakery has opened on Victoria Road just off Queens Park.
Scomelette will serve their signature dish of scomelette alongside pastries and tea/coffee.
We think it may be related to the same “scomelette” chef Imran Haq created in 2017 at the Creme Cafe and Dessert Parlor on Wallace Street – a dish that has proven to be a delight for visitors.
READ MORE: The beach bar in Arran that makes you feel like you’re on a Caribbean island
Billed as the “ultimate hangover cure”, the dish features a traditional Scottish potato scone that’s been given a spicy twist with the addition of an Indian-style omelet on top.
In addition to the scomelette, other menu items include savory treats such as chocolate chip cookies, maple pecan braids, and cinnamon rolls, all freshly baked in store.
The bakery also offers fresh bread and a range of hot drinks, with all the usual favorites plus mint tea from Morocco and ginger and lemon tea.
You can find out more about the cafe via their Instagram page here
Sign up for Glasgow Live newslettersfor more headlines straight to your inbox
* Tributes pour in for Lanarkshire mum who died after being sick at the bus stop
* Nine photos of Glasgow celebrities before they became household names
* Eight legendary Glasgow cinemas and what they are today
* Glasgow Airport is getting a new ‘Bird & Signet’ bar and restaurant
* We review COSMO Authentic World Kitchen at Glasgow’s St Enoch Center – and its robot servers