Imagineer Zach Riddley shared Walt’s original design on his Instagram EPCO was and how they are implementing this moving forward.
What is happening:
- He shares that EPCOT is a comprehensive iconic form language that creates big ideas about cities, innovation and how to make the world a better place.
- These EPCOT designs were evident from Walt’s original site plans for the Florida project, where EPCOT served as the center of Walt Disney World.
- It was where one could live and learn from the experiences and innovations that would later come to challenge everyday life as we know it.
- It shows that EPCOT never stopped evolving, what Walt considered a constant “state of becoming”.
- The Imagineers continue to build on these original concepts and ideas for the park through further transformations.
- In the new Connections Cafe and Eatery, customers will experience detailed flooring designs that pay homage to Walt’s original designs for EPCOT.
- These designs are 3D printed and artisan printed to create classic looks that Walt would have loved.
- He said more details will be available soon and he looks forward to opening this spring.
About Café Connections:
- Earlier, Imagineer Zach Riddley also shared the first image of the restaurant’s marquee which will be displayed above the doors.
- He also shared concept art for what this cafe and restaurant will look like inside.
- There is no opening date yet, but we know it should open in the spring.
- It will be a new fast-casual restaurant and adjoining cafe that will also offer Starbucks.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel arrangements